1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

JDA Build-Off Competition Entry - 60g MBP&S Cube

Discussion in 'Competition Entries' started by jda123, Mar 9, 2019.

1. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

6.6 alk, 425 calcium, 1.026.

0 ppb on Phosoporous Hannah Ultra Low - obviously, I have phosphate... but tested out at zero. This is likely due to the sand and rock continuing to collect P to act as a buffer.

Digi Growth closeup. Red arrows are the branch in both photos:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 3.12.53 PM.png

2. jda123

Day 106: tank cleaned up a little bit. Cyano leaving. Corals growing a bit. Algae is going down.

[​IMG]

SynDen likes this.
  3. jda123

Got lots of algae, some more cyano and lots of new growth. P is still 0 ppb on Hannah Ultra Low. N is still undetectable. CaRx is tuned well and keeping alk at about 6.8-7 and calcium at 425.

Probably am going to feed more and maybe get another fish. I would feel better and probably have better color with the P at 1 or 2 ppb - I don't like them much higher than this, but the sand and rock are still binding phosphate. Obviously, I am not growth-limited.

4. jda123

The PetCo in Longmont is redoing their aquatic section and the fish were 75% off. Got a few new fish that I probably would not have otherwise - lubbocks fairies, tiny scopas and a unidentified Anthias that was only $10 to start with and was $2.50 after discount.. I will get a list and prices when I find the receipt.

This will be good since I need to feed more to get my P up... still at 0 ppb.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  5. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Nice. that's a score

6. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

7. jda123

7.2 alk, o ppb of Phosphate and "clear" on Salifert no3 today.

Updated growth shot of the digitata. Obviously, plenty of coral growth, snail shell growth and algae in the tank to indicate that having NSW level phosphate is fine still.

[​IMG]

New fish at 75% off were 1" tiny Scopas ($10), pair of Lubbocks Wrasses ($5 each), and maybe carberryi anthias ($2.50). Got a few Mexican turbos for $.50 each.