LED spot light

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was needing to make an LED UV spot light for work. It's for detecting urine and such. Since I'm cheap and don't want to spend $400+ on a commercial one, I thought I'd build it instead.

Requirements: I must be able to stand and see a broad area, maybe even across the room, must take batteries, must fit in a spotlight case.

I know I'll need drivers, optics, leds, random connectors.

What I don't know, who makes good UV LEDS, all I found were 5mm LEDS.

I'm pretty sure I can build it, just might need some help getting the numbers down. Work is paying for it, all I do is build it. Any idea on quality LEDS? Thinking about using buckpacks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wtf do u do? Detecting urine from across the room? Thats some real CSI stuff. Kinda gross though.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ur in ....lol. ...i imagine somewhere out there someone makes a flashlight that does what you want

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want cheap go with some high powered black lights they are going to have a much higher UV wavelength suitable for detecting proteins and other varies amino acids and put out a whole lot more visable light especially if you are not planning on completely blocking out all the ambient light in the room.

Even this one at $135 is going to probably be cheaper than any decent LED light and will let you see every nasty stain in a 30' radius you never wanted to see. Mount one of these babies on a small tripod like what they sell at Harbor Frieight for $15 for halogen lights

http://www.google.com/products/cata...1&ei=atloTuPGOKqgwgWk_-GgAg&ved=0CAcQ8wIwAA#p

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think Jamie is want to light an entire room at 1 time.........hehehehe