1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Lg Derassa clam

Discussion in 'Frags and Livestock for Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by Haddonisreef, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

5AC65AA3-89D3-4118-A4C2-E94D7C64A925.jpeg So I want to sell my calm cause I’m getting aptasia and want to get a copper band. This guy is big prolly 8-10” very happy but I know the butter fly will destroy it so gona pass it along. Asking 250 must pick up in Johnstown

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I did a file fish and peppermints. Neither is bothering my Maxima but the aiptasia are disappearing. I’ve had copperbands that never touch aiptasia. You could keep the clam with other options.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

Haddonisreef likes this.
  3. Haddonisreef

I have added peps and don’t see much work done some aptasia are fairly big. I hear bad story’s about file fish taking out lps. Also the app seem to be breading in my over flows so need something that will be long term. I have had great luck w copper bands taking care of business.

4. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Oh man! I would love this clam! I don't have room at the moment unfortunately....

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

With a clam that size wouldn't it be worth it to see what the Copperband does? What if he has no interest in the clam? I think @Andrew_bram keeps a CBB and clam.

I had really good luck with peppermints from reeftopia.com. The best aiptasia eaters apparently come from Florida, not Texas/Mexico. I have both copperband and peppermints, and no aiptasia (knock on wood).

But I want a clam, I didn't know there was a huge risk with copperband!

6. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have had many copperbands in with clams too - no issues. If you still want to get rid of it and want to trade for some higher end acros, then let me know, I have larger tanks, Halides and CaRx and love me some large clams.

7. Haddonisreef

Well shoot i might just give it a try, I just hear that butter flys go after clams. Maybe I’ll get lucky I have one on hold at animal att might pick up this afternoon and give it a run if I have issues I’ll be in contact @jda123

8. MBX5

MBX5 Copepod

Have you thought about trying Berghia Nudibranchs?

9. Haddonisreef

Yes but I have like 6 wrasses and they might make quick work of them.

MBX5 likes this.
  10. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I just threw it out there because if I had a great looking clam like that I’d want to keep it!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

11. Haddonisreef

Ya I really don’t want to get rid of it gona try copperbamd w it and hope for best!

12. MuralReef

Haddonisreef likes this.
  13. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

If it goes south, I can rehome the clam immediately.

I also mostly use Peppermints from the Keys. reeftopia.com is where I get mine. You need to raise them in the fuge sometimes, but they always much aips down.

14. NickP

NickP Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

well, I had a great aptasia killing copperband last time. Bought 2 and neither are touching them or the clams I have so I guess there's that...lol

Slava likes this.