1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Lighting Advice For Biocube

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by MrChris, May 29, 2018.

1. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

So I have a 14g Oceanic Biocube with PC lights, and they aren't going to cut it.
    I plan to do zoas, a hammer, some LPS and a few SPS.
    Help me out on lighting this thing.
    I dont want to spend a ton, but I don't want junk either. I am on a bit of a tight budget at the moment.
    I also don't want to overkill it.
    I am not concerned either way with keeping or losing the lid.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Ai prime?

Not sure on the dimensions but a t5 fixture is pretty easy plug and play, they just work, kinda thing.

3. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

The Prime is nice, been looking at that one.
    Debating if this one is comparable.

Screenshot_2018-05-29-20-53-37.png

4. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have this light on my seahorse tank. I don't have any corals in there and to be honest I don't think it would be very good for any but some lower light softies.

5. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

Which light? The Prime or the Cheap one

6. Smiley

Smiley Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

get the prime... girlfriend has just one over her nuvo 40 and its amazing...

7. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

The cheap one, I'd go with the prime.