Looking for DSLR Camera

Anyone know where to get one or have a used one they would like to part with. I was looking at the Nikkon D3000 but cheapest new one I can find is $450.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
there is a body only on CL for $200 or $250? ...he would take $150 ...i have already talked to him:)
but i already have one

projectx;126544 said:
A friend of mine is selling a D90 with a single lens , what is the most you are willing to spend?
After a quick google search the d90 blows my budget out of the water, I would like to spend under $400. It would be an xmas present for my lady, and I must admit I am a noob to photography. She loves taking pictures and would probably use it for close ups of some of the jewelry she makes. I would love to take some close up pictures of the tank which is almost impossible with the auto focus camera we have currently. How much is he looking for?

dv3;126547 said:
there is a body only on CL for $200 or $250? ...he would take $150 ...i have already talked to him:)
but i already have one
Is it the same body that helix posted above ^^^? How do you like the performance of the camera? any problems?

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
He is well above your price and its pretty much new as he only used it a few times, so trying to get him down wouldn't go very far lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
nadking;126556 said:
Is it the same body that helix posted above ^^^? How do you like the performance of the camera? any problems?
ypu thats it ..it is his second post within a week so you might even talk him down to $125 since thats i what i offered him before he may take it the second time
i like mine although i am a noob too ....also consider what lenses will cost you might might be better off negotiating with one of the ones that comes with lens ...i have a 18-55 and 55-200mm lens ...i use the 55-200 the most but an 18-55 will work just know she will want another one eventually ...lol

dv3;126582 said:
ypu thats it ..it is his second post within a week so you might even talk him down to $125 since thats i what i offered him before he may take it the second time
i like mine although i am a noob too ....also consider what lenses will cost you might might be better off negotiating with one of the ones that comes with lens ...i have a 18-55 and 55-200mm lens ...i use the 55-200 the most but an 18-55 will work just know she will want another one eventually ...lol
I think I would be more interested in the lens with the camera otherwise esp. with a used one, I dont think I would be able to tell if the camera is in good working order.

djkms;126588 said:
For $400 I would suggest picking up a Nikon D3100. You can probably find one used around that price on CL. It was the DSLR I was going to get before I settled on the Canon T3i.

Here is a refurb one and B&H is the best in the business, very reputable store:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757713-REF/Nikon_25472B_D3100_Digital_SLR_Camera.html

Once again my noobness comes into play, is the real difference just the mp, or is there a lot of other things involved?

that0neguy1126;126599 said:
I have a friend looking to sell his Cannon 40D, not sure what he wants for it though.
I would definitely been interested if the price is right, he wouldn't be interested in $ + coral would he?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
nadking;126640 said:
I think I would be more interested in the lens with the camera otherwise esp. with a used one, I dont think I would be able to tell if the camera is in good working order.
i could let you borrow one to check out the camera

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No, I got it a few months ago from Amazon. Think I paid around 850 for a kit w/ all kinds of stuff including 32gb class 10 card, tripod, case etc.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting a canon t3 and cant wait to give it to the lady so I can play with it. Does anyone use the close up macro filters to take coral shots?