55g -> 225g upgrade build thread

Stalaly

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi All,

Not sure is this is the best way to do it but I'm upgrading big after 1 yr in the hobby. Acquired a 225g established tank but doing a major reset. 1/4 water from the acquired tank, 1/4 from my 55g and ½ new with my new BRS RODI. All live rock and water is in Brutes with heaters and air stones. Livestock from both tanks is feeling crowded in the 55 for now.

Stay tuned if your interested and please let me know if there's a better way or place to post the updates in a story/thread way.

Heres pics of the 55 before and of the 2 side by side.. (the 225 is not clean and empty). They're upside down just to keep you on your toes. LOL View attachment 16341 View attachment 16342

Stalaly

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
The edit function becomes available when you become a MASC member.

http://marinecolorado.org/threads/masc-membership-how-to-become-a-member.7456/

That's a huge upgrade! Nice job, can't wait to see the progress. Do you have an idea of the direction you want to take the new one? Is it going to be SPS dominant, mixed reef, wall to wall GSP garden?
I am a member and signed in but I don't see any way to edit. Oh well. Gone be a mixed reef but starting with LPS/Softies that I already have. Cant wait to dive into the world of Acro....

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am a member and signed in but I don't see any way to edit.
You've either paid the $24 yearly membership fee, or attended 2 meeting and signed the roster list in the last 12 months? I just want to make sure so we can get you properly badged up on the forum as a MASC member.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Awesome upgrade! What’s the timeline you’re looking at to migrate everything over to the new big tank? Any equipment modifications you’re hoping to get done prior to the move?

Post up some pics with the new system online and congrats!

Stalaly

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
You've either paid the $24 yearly membership fee, or attended 2 meeting and signed the roster list in the last 12 months? I just want to make sure so we can get you properly badged up on the forum as a MASC member.
I'm all about it but know nothing about meetings and don't have a lot of spare time. Maybe just pay the $24 but I refuse to use PayPal. Is there another way....?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What's the lighting situation going to be on the 225? I didn't notice in your first pic of the 225 that it's only 1/2 full of water, with the pic upside down it kind of made my brain spaz just a little....thought I was watching Inception or something. lol.

Stalaly

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
What's the lighting situation going to be on the 225? I didn't notice in your first pic of the 225 that it's only 1/2 full of water, with the pic upside down it kind of made my brain spaz just a little....thought I was watching Inception or something. lol.
3x Radion XR30 g3 to start. I can't fit the canopy due to the low ceiling so I don't want to much hanging hardware but if I need to add another XR30 or some T5s I have them..