Moving back to CO

Hi I'm Tyler. I am currently in SoCal due to the military but will be getting out in a few months and moving back to Colorado. I discovered the hobby out here because the hobby is huge here. I currently have a 60g display with a 60g sump/fuge and it's a full reef aquarium. I mostly have softies but have some LPS/SPS. I wouldn't say I'm highly knowledgeable but I'm not new to the hobby. Anyway, I was wondering how big the hobby is in CO and if there are many LFS with good stock.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Moving back to CO

First welcome home. Second welcome to our club. We have a great community and lots of people that will help you. We do have some nice fish stores who sponsor us and some great coral slingers.

Welcome, there is quite the variety in regards to local fish stores. All of which receive frequent shipments.
Some to pay special attention to would be Great White Aquatics (Fort Collins) Aquamart (Lakewood) and Elite Reef (Lakewood), just to name a few.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Correction, Elite Reef is not in Lakewood, Elite Reef is in Arvada. Thanks

Dont forget Catfish Charlies, best price in town on fish and Ive never had an issue. For coral I deal with the local private dealers (Gonzos, The Coral Shop, Ambrosia, MBC, etc) much better selection and much better prices than alot of the LFS

Moving back to CO

Thanks everyone. And I'm hoping the scene is somewhat different in CO. Lots of drama surprisingly in Cali. But I'm glad there's actually hobbyists in CO. I was worried for a bit wondering how difficult it would be to keep in the hobby. And I also build aquarium stands, and can make sumps if anyone needs help or anything.