1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

mp40w mounting

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by JZinCO, Mar 22, 2018.

1. JZinCO

JZinCO Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I feel like a dumb dumb.
    I got two mp40w's from a fellow MASCer but they were really loud.
    Bought a QD upgrade from craigslist and installed it. The dry side is much quieter but the wetside is still very loud, like a helicopter.
    I tried fiddling with the wetside positioning and can't get it to dial in.
    One thing to note is I need the dry gasket that goes between the dry side and glass. I'm not sure how much that is going to help.

Anyone in Fort Collins area willing to help in person or anyone want to offer general tips?

2. Robbiekrause33

Robbiekrause33 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Have you tried taking the wet side apart And cleaning it really well? I had the same issues with my wet side till I cleaned it up

3. JZinCO

No, previous seller cleaned them and they are immaculate but I will do the same.

4. JZinCO

Cleaned em, no change. Gonna try for a new wet side and see what happens.

5. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Yeah you definitely want those spacers in there if needed based on glass thickness.

6. JZinCO

3/8" glass on the current tank. Going to HD to buy some rubber 1/6" cut-yer-own gasket this weekend