New Dwarf Seahorse Tank Planning

I see my current Pico aquarium and love it but I would really like to make something new and somewhat elaborate! I'm thinking of two small acrylic tanks joined by an acrylic tube? Because I'm fairly tight on cash I'm thinking of combining two cheap tanks or purchasing sheets of pre-cut acrylic. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! Plans are coming soon, and if you have plans I'd like to see those too!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a tank like that floating around the masc community, Mike had it and then sold it Maybe someone can sell it back.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;207482 said:
There is a tank like that floating around the masc community, Mike had it and then sold it Maybe someone can sell it back.
I was gonna say I've seen a tank like that up for sale a few times!! It's pretty big though, 70ish gallons?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That tank is sweet. Would be awesome for like 40 dwarfs.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha yeah buying one doesnt seem so creative, when i meant buying I meant two smaller tanks and connecting them myself with an acryilic tube, it has to be on the smallish side like 30 gallons tops. these guys are tiny!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could probably do 2, 10g tanks connected with a big 5" tune or something. PM dvenson and ambrosiazoa and see what their prices would be on building this for you. They are both great with acrylic and I'm sure they could do something pretty trick for you.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It can be done, you are just going to have to find a good size acrylic tube that is thick enough. Then get a hole saw for a drill that is correct size. And then hope that the weld on holds.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Plasticare over near Keys Island has a good selection of acrylic, it can be pretty pricey though.
Sounds like a cool project though