New Project, gonna be a long build

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I had figured that I had always wanted a biocube, so I picked one up about a week ago for $40, because the lady I bought it from thought that it may had sprung a leak. Well, I re-siliconed the whole tank and it didn't leak, so I started setting it up last thursday. The pictures will be from thursday, yesterday and today. I have no idea how I am going to do the rock scape, but for now I like it like this. The lighting is stock 2x36w pc lighting, with the intention of doing an LED later in the next couple months (I'm not sure what yet though). So here are some pics of what I got done tonight, it is still a little cloudy though, hopefully it clears up soon.
View attachment 8817 View attachment 8818 View attachment 8819

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am not sure on stocking it yet, I have a lot of old livestock that I need to transfer over, hopfully doing that tonight. Right now there are two clowns, a manderin, and hopefully I can catch the firefish tonight (He is SO fast!) And yes jack, that stand is nice! :D

@lostman- the cycle was instant, because I used all of my live rock and a cup of live sand from my other tank to seed the new sand.

I am hoping to be able to take some rock out and add it to a tank that I will be setting up, probably a smaller biocube, because I think that there is to much rock in there right now.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
finally cleared up, got the corals that I wanted into it, and added more rock, slight change in the scape (very slight that is). I have got some white pulsing xenia that I am giving away dbtc (who wants it?) and some of the candy apple pinks(?) But I am also doing the small frag as dbtc, watch for the posting though I need to get some sandbed for the tank. The other corals are green and blue candy cane, green striped mushroom, nuclear holocausts, and some zoos (terrible with names).

I finally got the fire fish in too, after 15 mins of work and anger.

[attachment=62380:name]