New Skimmer...Aquamaxx?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey All,

So looking to replace my G3. Works great but I want to upgrade. So thoughts? Looking at the Aquamaxx ConeS CO-2. Thought about the CO-3 but my ADHI 45 is right at 12" wide in the skimmer box so I don't think that one would fit (CO-3 footprint is 12.5 X 14.6, ADHI 45 sump chamber is 12 X 15.5) Seems to be a pretty good skimmer for the price (found it for $306). Let me know if you all have any other thoughts.

Thanks!

Adam

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you go with the co-2? I've read nothing but great things about the ConeS skimmers

Last edited by a moderator:

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. Dropped the CO2 in after a vinegar bath. Starting pulling crap right away. This skimmer pulls probably 5 times as much as my G3 did with the mods. Great skimmer. Super happy with it!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What did you do with the g3? Interested in getting rid of it?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure. PM me. I have both a G1 and a G3. Both run great, no issues with pumps or anything.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pm me what your looking to get out of them please.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought the CO-3 today, it's on back order (no surprise with AuquaMaxx) so not sure when I'll get it. Glad you like it, and it's in line with what I'm hearing.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy 9 1/2 week back order. Just got my skimmer in today. Real easy to setup and get running. Initial thoughts.... really really quiet. So far so good, think I need to let it run more than 60min before commenting further.