Greetings from Dumont. We still have a post office, for now.

Cherbear

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi all...moved here about a year ago from upstate NY (just below Canada). Drove out with our 80 gallon cube, a bunch of live rock, several fish and two dogs...what a ride! At least our cat was able to fly in to meet us! It’s been up and down since then...literally since we at first moved to about 9500 feet above sea level, when we had been at 350 feet in NY. There is a difference, lol! And we’ve moved again since then....so two moves in less than a year for my tank, and still one to go when our house is finished. Time marches on!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well welcome to Colorado and the club. That certainly is a big change all around, but bet you cant wait for the house to be finished. New house = tank upgrade(s) too ;) I see a 210 in your future haha

Cherbear

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha...we already have our new tank and lighting system for the new house! It’s going to be a 90 cube with t5/LED hybrid lighting. Can’t wait to move out of our daughter's basement though!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Got your membership setup. Thanks for the support, glad to have you along!

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome!

We were in upstate NY last year. You’re going to love your summers free of black flies. Holly cow those things suck! I came back a short a few quarts of blood.

How’s the tank doing?

Cherbear

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! Any pictures of your tank?
Haha....I wouldn’t post pics of my current tank if my life depended on it! Had a recent episode of.....something, which is slowly killing all my chalices and favites. Among other things. I think it started with a case of low nutrients and high alkalinity, but the damage continues relentlessly. Sent in an ICP test but that takes forever to be resulted (sent to Germany). So my tank isn’t at its all time best right now to say the least!
But we’ll be starting over again in less than 2 months after the move...so there’s that, lol!

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha....I wouldn’t post pics of my current tank if my life depended on it! Had a recent episode of.....something, which is slowly killing all my chalices and favites. Among other things. I think it started with a case of low nutrients and high alkalinity, but the damage continues relentlessly. Sent in an ICP test but that takes forever to be resulted (sent to Germany). So my tank isn’t at its all time best right now to say the least!
But we’ll be starting over again in less than 2 months after the move...so there’s that, lol!
I can appreciate that. No worries though, you can post pictures and we will do our best to help out. I have been guilty of posting some pretty ugly photos in the past...

Cherbear

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can appreciate that. No worries though, you can post pictures and we will do our best to help out. I have been guilty of posting some pretty ugly photos in the past...[/QUOTE
My problem all along (we thought) was that I had low nutrients and a high alkalinity. So for weeks I’ve been supplementing my tank with sodium nitrate to get the nitrate up to a reasonable level...my Nyos test kit consistently showing nitrate of less than ten. About the same time I sent in an ICP test just to check for anything else that might be off...but since those are sent to Germany they take quite awhile to get your results. So finally I get those results back and everything is ok EXCEPT my nitrate is 121!! :eek: So something is not right someplace. Today I take some water down to Aquamart to double check nitrate and sure enough it’s > 100! :mad: So I guess the problem is a faulty Nyos test kit..not to mention the fact that yours truly never thought to double check with a different test kit..not that I had one. I trusted that Nyos is supposed to be top of the line and that was that. So I’ve been supplementing, over feeding and apparently poisoning my own tank for weeks and weeks, and losing probably $1000 worth of coral.
At least now I have a handle on the issue and hopefully with tons of water changes, a new test kit and some purfiltrum I might be able to save some coral that’s just barely hanging on.:rolleyes: