oops she did it again (vortech question)

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
So the wife asks why there are so many cords running in the tank my response was naturally I can eliminate a few with buying some new gear so it looks like a vortech or vortechs are in my future.
My question is On a 7 foot long 210 gallon tank should I go with 2 40's or can I get away with one 60 for with the intention of adding a second? I also have a rke so would tunze be a better match?

Thanks,

Ken

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rings343;243107 said:
So the wife asks why there are so many cords running in the tank my response was naturally I can eliminate a few with buying some new gear so it looks like a vortech or vortechs are in my future.
My question is On a 7 foot long 210 gallon tank should I go with 2 40's or can I get away with one 60 for with the intention of adding a second? I also have a rke so would tunze be a better match?

Thanks,

Ken
2 tunze 6105's at 100% would be awesome. However 2 cords in the tank

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tunze are nice.... but i was thinking 2 40's with something on back wall later... another 40 or a 10...

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;243129 said:
tunze are nice.... but i was thinking 2 40's with something on back wall later... another 40 or a 10...
I just put 2 40's on a 140 and they have a hard time staying put had to put adhesive zip ties for the cords to help keep them in place.

09bumblebee;243135 said:
I just put 2 40's on a 140 and they have a hard time staying put had to put adhesive zip ties for the cords to help keep them in place.
Did you adjust the pin setting for the thickness of your glass ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
40s on the back bounced off the glass too much for me - they hit the front glass and blew sand around. Sides were way better for me.

Ever thought about a wavebox? 1 device in the tank that you hardly notice and 1 cord. You can make one out of an old tunze to fit wherever you want for less than $200. They are very effective too. I have one on a 7x2x2 if you want to check it out in person.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
freedominco;243136 said:
Did you adjust the pin setting for the thickness of your glass ??

Yes

andyrm66;243155 said:
Wp40! Ftw
+1save hundreds and get 2 wp40s 1 is creating way more flow in my 180 then a mp40 and 2 korellia's 4 ever did

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I took out three pumps when I put my wp40 in my 175. It's 6' long and I have that turned all the way down. I know it has a cord in it, but if you can swing by someone's house who has one. take a look for yourself.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: oops she did it again (vortech question)

Those wp40 push some serious water.... 2 of those would be perfect.

Sent from my C771

Do yourself a favor, get an MP60. Especially if you're planning to get another in the future. I have a 120g with MP40 + added tunze nano-modified and I plan on getting a 60 with my next set up. You wont be disappointed. It doesn't sound like $$ if a huge issue, if so look to other options- with cords or closed loop.