1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Orangespotted Filefish

Discussion in 'Fish' started by DyM, May 13, 2019.

1. DyM

DyM Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

After QTing this fish for 4 weeks and meticulously training it to eat frozen food, it got into my display last week

[​IMG]

He only lightly pics on SPS, but doesn't do damage. He's going to town on the acans though. URG! I stepped up feeding three times a day, and that seems to help. Hopefully I can get him off attacking Acans, but this is such a beautiful fish.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Cake_Boss and SynDen like this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Love these guys. Got to see some in the wild when I was diving in okinawa awhile back. Scott Chase had one in his 400g for quite awhile too. Just picked at the acro colonies but never really bothered them

3. DyM

DyM Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Well I can't get him to stop picking at ACANS. Doesn't bother other LPS, or even SPS for that matter but sure loves to attack acans. He's in my QT setup until I figure out what to do with him.

4. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Lol I have been wanting another one

5. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

PLEASE NEVER POST THINGS LIKE THIS AGAIN!
    Fiancee- " Look how cute he is!!! why dont we have one yet???"
    Beautiful fish! let me know if you cant save your Acans from him. haha

ppatches24 likes this.
  6. ppatches24

ppatches24 Copepod

I wanted one of these pretty fish so badly but don't want to take the gamble on one. I've seen them at murmans reef a few times. Such pretty colors.