Orbit Marine 24" - Lovin' it!

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I picked up the Current USA Orbit Marine 24" LED light for my nano tank and wanted to give it a whirl on my buddies 40g tank to try it out. Needless to say, he's buying one now, too. For the price, ($127 shipped from Drs. Foster & Smith) I really, really do like this thing. To start, the thing is tiny at only 1/2" thick. Construction seems good and solid, but the legs are a bit cheesy. It says that you can use this fixture for up to 36", but it sags when you take it out that far. The adjustable intensity from 0-100% in 1% increments for both the dual actinic and dual daylights, lunar lighting, plus 4 memory settings really does make it a cheap custom lighting setup. The weather effects are pretty cool too, but the storm setting makes the fish a bit edgy so I've tried it only once. The only bicker I have is the fact that it's only 23 watts, BUT after getting a response from Current USA today, I can add up to 4 10" TrueLumen Light Strips to bump up the wattage. Overall, I dig it! I'll post some pics once I recover my phone from my work truck.