Pbt hates my coral beauty

My powder blue has been nothing but docile till today. Hoping its just establishing pecking order, but holy crap it seems to hate my coral beauty.
Fed everyone and turned out the lights, any other suggestions?

This wasnt a random buy, it was part of my stock list and researched as a good tank mate so long as I have no clams. So caught me off guard when the pbt started showing his *** hunting tge new addition.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ill give the rockwork an attempt tomorrow if this crap persists. Its a really large wall of rocks.
If i can get powder netted Ill put em in my bug tank to hopefully mellow his but down. He loves nori so might be trappable.
I turned on my blues for a min to check things out can see a couple marks on the side of em either from banging into rock work trying to get the cb.
or the cb is actually fighting back, my money is on the rock work.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd just pull him for a day or two. Should forget he owns the tank and then add him back in.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That should work but remember PB is a tang and they are bitchy by nature! However it is normally to other tangs.

Thats the odd part, even diggin on google and a few of the larger reef sites this iis uncommon.
Moved several of the rocks, the cb although still hiding doesnt look wounded, pb is taking breaks racing in the rocks to eat and swim with my wrasse.
Hopefully begining to mellow out

hoonderific;167809 said:
hopefully all goes well. I never saw that cb have issues with any fish and it never really hid.
Same.
I dont think its the cb with an issue.
After trying to catch either one for about 2 hours I learned a couple of things.
First that my red head fairy wrasse would prefer to live in a net. I cant keep em out of there...
My tang has a hatred for the cb to the point he will prolly kill himself trying to get at em.
I have way too much damn rock work in there.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My GF's tank is basically a 58 cube reef. In it she has a yellow tang, a powder blue tang, a coral beauty, a B cardinal, and a maroon clown.
The first 4-5 days after introducing the PB to the CB and YT it was not very harmonious. The PB and the CB had the biggest issue with each other. In less than a week they had calmed down. Now, several weeks later, you would think they were all in the same family. They stick together and seem unseperatable. They all swim together and feed together without quarreling. The cardinal doesn't socialize with anyone so he is excluded from the group, but even the maroon will do laps with the odd group without any aggression.

Ahhshoot

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
As I've mentioned on this site before. I have a Yellow Tang in my 75 gallon. I bought a Pearlscale Butterfly and put him in Q for about 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks were up I dropped the Pearlscale in the 75 gallon and my Yellow Tang went ballistic on the Pearlscale. It got to the point were I had to take out the Yellow Tang for 5 days and I rearranged all my rock work. Dropped the Yellow Tang back in and the Yellow Tang for the most part left the Pearlscale alone. He only chased him around every now and again.

Pb is still chasing the cb, but atleast the beauty is coming out of its hiding spots. Hoping he will challenge the pb a little and get his spot in the pecking order.