1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

peroxide dose

Discussion in 'Saltwater Plants and Macro Algaes' started by cremer9, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cremer9

cremer9 Prawn

I have a 12 gallon nano i want to do a proxies dose for algae problem But it could be dino I have 3 fish some ricks,a clam and two types of sps coals,Is their and instruction someone who has done this before please chime in

Thanks ahead of time

Gary

2. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Copepod

1 ml/10 gallons of water. Must use the .03% peroxide.

This is what I have used and if he’s worked to clear things up in years past. Just started dosing again his past week to try and clear some things up.

3. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Copepod

Correction 3% is what I have

4. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ya 1ml per 10g is the same I used on my tank for dinos . Keep in mind it will knock it back for a bit, but unless you figure out the source of it, they will just come back.
    I dosed mine on 3 occasion with full blackout during it, and they went away for a few weeks, but eventually returned. After the 3rd run of it, the dino developed a resistance the the peroxide and it no longer worked. I tried several other things too after that, including DinoX, which killed all my bryopsis, but didnt phase the dinos lol.
    In the end the only thing that really worked for me against the dinos was a UV sterilizer

5. cremer9

cremer9 Prawn

Do I just leave it in or do a water change in a day or two before I pick up a uv sterilizer,Has anyone seen a in tank sterilizer my sump is the back of the 12 gallon jbj nano

6. SynDen

I dosed mine for 2 weeks straight. started it with the blackout and dosing, but continued it for the full 2 weeks, after which I did a water change

7. cremer9

cremer9 Prawn

ok Ive done a black out for a week before can I get away with it again with my sps's

8. SynDen

a week..?, I usually only do 3 days, so I wouldn't try another blackout for awhile as everything will need time to recover from that. If you just finished the blackout periods, you can dose it now for a few weeks and see if it help knock it out completely.