Pinched mantle??

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp
Does my crocea looked like it has pinched mantle to you guys? Since yesterday it hasn't fully extended its mantle and in the picture you can see there is one place that it pulls back more than the rest. I'd like to give it a dip if it is but don't want to stress it if it isn't. Thanks.

Here's what it normally looks like

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Could be pinched mantle, or something could be snacking

Re: Pinched mantle??

I'm having the same issue with one of mine. I have the others in the tank. Is been like that for about a week sometimes it will full extend other times its half

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pinched mantle??

It's gettin picked on in my opinion, mine looked the same and it took a few hours of watching to find my CBB snacking on it

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp
Pinched mantle??

No other clams in the tank. No emerald crabs just hermits. Skunk cleaner touches him sometimes but that it. No nipping fish either so it's a mystery.

So I moved my clam to a very low flow area if my tank and today he was back to his original location fully open very strange creature her is just glad he's OK

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp
Pinched mantle??

Maybe I'll try and move this one and see how he likes it. He has extended more but still doesn't put that one spot all the way out

I'd give it a shot, I was really amazed that mine found his way back he moved from the back of my 29 bio to the front over night