1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Potential Stocking List

Discussion in 'Fish' started by SeaMonkey, Feb 21, 2020.

1. SeaMonkey

SeaMonkey Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hi All I just wanted to get some opinions on what to add to my reef tank from my list of possible fish (also if you have any suggestions that would be great as well). The tank has been up and running for quite a few years now and is a 180 gallon mixed reef tank with a 125 gallon sump. Currently there is a blue hippo tang, green chromis, two clowns, sixline, two bangai, royal gramma basslet, yellow watchman, and a red scooter dragonet. Here is my list of possible fish I thought would be nice to add:

starry blenny
    midas blenny
    Foxface
    Royal Gramma basslet
    Coral Beauty angelfish
    Tailspot blenny
    group of 3 Zebra bared dartfish
    flame hawkfish
    3 dispar anthias
    blue throat trigger
    Yellow Tang
    engineer goby(Still under debate)

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I really like my engineer goby, but they can make a mess out of your sand and never seem to be done engineering. I really like blue throats, I know AA had one last weekend. They had two but I bought one.

3. SeaMonkey

How big was it? Also I was debating if they should go in after some of the others or earlier.

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Maybe 3" and it was a male. I got the bigger one, but the one he had left was more colorful.

5. MuralReef

They also had a midas blenny and some anthias(not sure what kind).

6. SeaMonkey

Sounds like I need to stop in and see whats there this weekend.

MuralReef likes this.
  7. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Love my engineers. Have 3 in my 75g and will be expanding their group to 5+ for the 500g. They are very social and passive fish. Not for those who like to keep lots of corals on the sandbed, because they bury everything, but one of my favorite fish.