Predator compatability

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all,

Looking for some input. I have spoken with a few people I know and they all seem to think this will work but I wanted to open it up to the masses. 110G predator tank. Currently has a 5-6" miniatus grouper and a 5" clown trigger. Grouper rules the roost. Tried to add a 4" clown tang and had to pull him in an hour and put him in my reef. Adding a 5" banana wrasse and an 8" golden arothron puffer. Since the grouper is so aggressive I was going to stick him in QT for a week until the new guys get settled and then add him back in so he forgets he owns the place. The other option would be to rehome him to a new tank. The people that I know think they will all do fine. Interested in thoughts.

Thanks,

Adam

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is worth a shot for sure different fish react to different situations.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some of those fish get big do you plan on getting a larger tank in the future to accommodate them as they get bigger. You may see aggression due to limited territory for each fish.

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
moving the rock work will help... for a while until they establish new territory. if the grouper is very territorial now that will not change moving the decor just postpones it, so you will need to rearrange your tank often

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I plan to rehome them when they get bigger. I think they are all pretty desirable fish so i don't think it will be an issue.