1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Queen Angel and Gorgs

Discussion in 'Fish' started by MuralReef, Feb 22, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I am wondering if anyone has experience with Queen Angels and Caribbean Gorgonians. I would love a Queen to be the showcase fish of the library aquarium, but I don't want something that is going to mess with the gorgs that are doing so well. I have read in a couple of places that gorgs are so noxious that nothing really eats them, but I would like some first hand experiences.

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

As you know, the vary from individual to individual. I had a beautiful one that would leave all SPS alone, but would crush anything fleshy or that moved around a bit. I would say 75% that they would eat them someday... 25% that you get lucky.

I know that you did not ask, but Regal, any of the Genicanthus (totally safe) or Chysurus can be showcases and are WAY less prone to eat stuff.

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I’m trying to stick with the Caribbean biotope otherwise I would consider a variety of fish.

4. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Consider a single or pair of Sargassum triggers. Nice show piece that not too many people own or even know about. They are perfectly reef safe. This is the best fish from the Caribbean, IMO. Of course, I am again excelling at answering questions that nobody asked...

Legonch and Haddonisreef like this.
  5. MBX5

MBX5 Copepod

I agree after taking photos of these in Curacao it would be high on my list of caribbean fish in a tank
    [​IMG]

6. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Have a pair in qt w the pariot for the new 210!

MBX5 likes this.
  7. MuralReef

Pics or it didn’t happen brah!

MBX5 likes this.
  8. MuralReef

Those would be pretty cool!