Red Sea Max

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
SO today I come home and the lights are out in my Red Sea. They are on a built in timer so you can have the lights go on and off like occasional cloud cover. I turn the timer to "on" and nothing. Yes plugged in but no lights.:( I will call red sea in the am, but wanted to see what you guys think.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Can you by pass the timer and plug the lights directly into the outlet panel?

bsharpe

I don't think so as it is set up like a big nano, everything in the back and then goes into a large power strip that is built in and controlled by switches on the side of the tank. Maybe I could just unplug it out of the strip and test it with an extension cord, I am not sure that will bypass the timer. Good idea though I'll try it.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya I can't remember if you can pull out that timer ans then maybe there is a short plug that you can plug into a temp extension cord. Unless the outlet failed on the powerstrip on the side I don't think that's the problem. My guess is its the timer.

I have a red sea max as well. It is only 7months old. I have upgraded to led panels and no longer use the built in timer. If you find that the timer is bad, let me know... maybe we can work something out.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I have a Red Sea Max too, what LED panels did you upgrade with? I'd like to get rid of these bulb changes and have better light so please fill me in.

bsharpe

2Sweet, I did not upgrade my LED's or I would tell you. Sorry