Red Sphere Like Attachment to Clownfish Pelvic Fin

While feeding the tank today I noticed a small (about the size of a period .) red sphere like attachment to my female clownfish's pelvic fin. Everything else is doing fine in the tank, no other issues in fish/coral/invert health. It is feathery looking in texture, if anyone could lead me in the right direction as far as what this might be I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks! (I will try to get a picture once the lights go out).

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sounds like a fungus or bacterial infection to me, Ill be able to tell once i see pix.

[attachment=65046:name][attachment=65046:name] Unfortunately these wee the best pics I could get, it's super small and hard to focus on. It's on the left pelvic fin in reference to the photo.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I cant see it. Does it appear to be getting any bigger? Im assuming its a fungus of some sort.

Is the fish still eating and acting normal? I would beef up its diet with nori and garlic.

Do you have a cleaner wrasse in the tank? If not i would get one, they help keep your fish buddies clean of parasites and such.

Without being able to see what it is I cant positivly ID it, but based on your description Im going to say its a fungus and you may want to QT the fish ion case its infectious.

It has not increased in size, the fish is eating and acting 100% normal (which is ravenous feeding), no wrasses in the system (the pair of clowns is the only livestock as far as fish currently). Going to only use QT if that is a last resort. Would a cleaner shrimp serve the same utility as a wrasse in this situation?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
If your clowns will let him. My clowns and wrasses want nothing to do with the cleaner shrimp, however they all let the cleaner wrasse clean them

If you only have the 2 clowns in the tank I wouldnt be to overly concerned with QTing him. Add garlic extract to your feedings if you already dont and this will help boost its immune system.