reef controllers?

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the Net module connected to my Android phone. It was a little bit of a challenge but I could easily help you with it. I also have the alarms set so it sends me a text message if the alarms go off.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Nice, remote alarming is definitely something I want. Thanks for the offer for help. If I go with that instead of the Apex Jr., I'll hit ya up. I'm gonna have three tanks setup (29/60/120), so that might play into which direction I go as well.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just need the net module for the RK for the phone and alerts to work. When I get my upstairs display and downstairs sump I'm going to have it connected with two head unit displays so I can control it from both locations

I'm Matt
SE Aurora

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm digging my reef keeper lite! Got an SL1 and a PC4 right now. I got it slightly used for $150. I can add 2 more modules before I have to upgrade to the elite head unit (lite can control up to 4 modules, elite can control 67! And I did confirm you get $50 credit for turning in your lite head unit for the elite head unit, and you keep all of your modules... They can be controlled by either). Right now I control temp, ATO, and my skimmer with the reef keeper. I still have one empty plug on the PC4. My temp is a constant 77 degrees. pH is monitored. I plan on getting a net module and either another PC4 or an ALC, which can then control your AI lights, and it's the same price as buying the AI controller too...

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
(Sorry for threadjack Austin, but I'm sure this info is all useful for you too.) :)

I'm gonna setup a mechanical/gravity feed with my existing Kent float switch for the ATO, so I don't need to waste a plug. Plus I have a Koralia SmartWave to control four PwrHeads so hopefully even a 4-outlet box should be good for now, to do Temp, LED's, sump light, & Moonlights, for now.

What are you controlling with your Skimmer?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghosty;191922 said:
What are you controlling with your Skimmer?
just on and off times. I don't like it running 24/7 since im over skimming so I shut it off in the morning, then it comes on about an hour after morning feed time then off again until night time.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had a ReefAngel for close to a year now, all the bells and whistles, dosing pumps, PWM expansion, RF expansion, added on an additional 8 outlets. I believe you can add up to 8 total outlets with the expansion hub.
The only limitation on it is what you can think of, I am going to setup the storm mode once i get all of my LEDs hooked to it, and the owner\inventor answers questions rapidly, not to mention the community on the forums there everyone is top notch. I know nothing about programming but they have a new wizard that you can use to set up outlets to be opposite of other outlets, set a time difference for daylight vs actinic, overheat mode, single or dual switch ATO. cant beat the bang for the buck

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Blazinjack;191965 said:
just on and off times. I don't like it running 24/7 since im over skimming so I shut it off in the morning, then it comes on about an hour after morning feed time then off again until night time.
Ah, gotcha. Great idea around a set feeding schedule. Gives a nice window for the food to circulate around for awhile before starting up again. Guess I could put one on a regular cheapie timer instead of wasting a controller outlet too.