Refugium Build

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
A few months back I plumbed a 20H into my system to use as a refugium -- thing is, I've never actually put anything in it other than a few snails to control algae. It's set up with a big Fluval LED (Thanks Salty1) and is ready to rock.

To the community: what should I put in it?

Thinking:
Some more live sand
Some LR rubble
A big ball of chaetomorpha.

The lighting schedule (apex controlled) is opposite that of the DT so we're ready to rock there too.

Advice?

Thanks!
Adam

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'd just go with some LR rubble, cheato, red dragon or red gracilaria in there. I used to have sand in my refugium but keeping it clean is a pita so I removed all mine and it works much better that way

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Go with a display fuge, Get some red dragon, dragons breath, dragons tongue, codium, blue scroll, violet dreams, and anything other decorative macro algaes.

sethsolomon;349963 said:
Go with a display fuge, Get some red dragon, dragons breath, dragons tongue, codium, blue scroll, violet dreams, and anything other decorative macro algaes.
+1 display refugiums are a great sho stopper. Mine is on a 5' stand and gets as much attention as the dt.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm. Maybe a change for the future. The 20H is in the basement equipment room with the sump/equipment.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll keep this updated with what I do. More likely to come this weekend.