Rookie mistake

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added some pajama cardinals today. Unfortunately they were smaller and after acclimation one of them became fish food for my anemone. My hogfish and wrasse decided they were food and destroyed the smallest one, couldnt save him so i fed him to the nem when he was dead. The others took shelter while the annihilation occured. I quickly dumped in a plethora of food to take their attention off the new additions. Apparantley they filled up and left the other pajamas alone. Stupid stupid stupid! Soooooo glad my kids werent home to see that one, jeesh. Also added 2 peppermint shrimp, they were quick to hide so i am glad they made it.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Happened to me as well recently. I added a goatfish, somewhat on the small side, to my predator fowlr. I was most worried about the Volitans, but soon could see the goat could run circles around him and was having a blast for a week or so. Then one morning the usual chipper/active goat didn't appear, and the stocky hawkfish had a bulge like it was pregnant with triplets. D'oh, $45 sushi dinner. I couldn't figure out how to break the news to the kids, meanwhile they were sitting in front of the tank for hours, wondering why it was not coming out to swim around. Oh what a meltdown we had when I had to finally confess. Alas it still lives in the tank...circulating as DOCs I'm sure...

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol. I always use "he is probably hiding in the rocks excuse". It usually works for about a week and then they figure it out or forget about it.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol. Well the worst thing about my situation was that the kids decided the hawk was hereby banished from the premises. Pulling the hawk out of the tank total insanity and the hardest fish eviction ever for me...and then there was the eel eviction...