sailfin with what looks like ich

vines

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
How can i make sure it survives, I recently dosed too much alkalinity, and I believe the increase in dkh and ph stressed it out.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Still thinking it looks like Ich? How is the fish? Is the area of concern around the gills?

vines

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;179900 said:
Still thinking it looks like Ich? How is the fish? Is the area of concern around the gills?
looks like, but the fish still has the white spots, not around gills, and during parts of the day the color fades away, but then within 5 minutes it comes back, its very odd.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Id QT him into a clean environment. My Lt. Tang had the same thing going on when I switched tanks. He was eating, but looked like a pokadotted fish. I moved him to the QT for about a week, and hes now back in the display as healthy as ever. Didnt even have to use any chemicals.

Also, while i had him in QT I raised the temp ever so slightly. I have not dealt with ich too much in saltwater, but it runs rampent in freshwater tanks and Ive dealt with it alot there. Ive learned that the "spores" spread under certain conditions and thrive in waters at about 78 degrees, raise mthe temp to 81 and the spores die off. IM not sure if this is true with saltwater ich, but it seemed to work for the Lt. Tang.