Scooter Blenny - Assesing eating/health?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, another fish question/concern. I have this scooter blenny that I got with my other fish out of a emergency breakdown. I saw how common they were at stores so didn't know how particular they were. This one allegedly tank raised and eating pellet/flakes. However I've never seen him eat any. Just continues his slowpeck, flit an inch forward, peck, peck, etc. Back when I had a bit more algae on the glass I had hundreds of pods on the glass and somewhat mossy rocks that I could see them running around. Now that all the algae is gone, I no longer can find any pods in the tank anymore really. (Largely due to him but maybe also due to less loose detritus for the pods.)

Outside of looking skin and bones. Any way of telling if it's getting enough to eat? Already kinda slim/small and covered in so many fins that I can't get the greatest idea of body shape. Does randomly do his display with his mast and fins if that means anything.

Scooter Blenny - Assesing eating/health?

When I first got mine, the only way I could tell it wasn't getting enough food was its sides, just after the pectoral fins, were sunk in a little but has gotten fatter now with no sunk in spots at all...

I also feed Mysis and brine in addition to the random pod replenishings... He, over time, got used to eating those...