Sick Tang!

Hey all,

I came home this afternoon to find my tang looking like this and laying at the bottom. I had an anemone die a few days ago and I removed that and did a water change. A have a small lemon peel angel that was biting at him as he was laying on the bottom, but prior to this they haven't had any issues.

ph, nitrite, ammonia are all good and my nitrate is between 20-40, but nothing that would do this. Any idea what might be wrong with him and if there is anything i can do to save him?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Are any of the other livestock acting funny?

Whats your Alk level at?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I had a nem die about a year and a half ago, the toxins reaked havok on the tank for about 2 weeks. I would continue small daily or every other day water changes.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;194603 said:
I had a nem die about a year and a half ago, the toxins reaked havok on the tank for about 2 weeks. I would continue small daily or every other day water changes.
x2...IMO...I think this is your issue. The toxins released from a nem dying are not "testable" so it won't show up as ammonia or something else. I'd get it into a QT/hospital tank asap if it's still hanging in there...or do a massive water change and then continue smaller ones until things improve. Is this a reef tank or fish only?

rockys_pride;195209 said:
FWIW, the petco in Loveland is having their $1/g sale
Btw just called and the sale is in longmont. Couldn't find a PETCO in loveland.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2