Six Line Wrasse behaviors

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wondering if anyone has one of these that stands on his tail for long periods? We have had him for quite some time but now I know that he can go into hiding, etc. The tail stand is not something I have seen before. Nothing out of ordinary with tank chemistry or other fish. Everyone ate but him this a.m. but he has become a late sleeper for a while. Just would like to know if you have seen this from other wrasses and if there are more surprises I should expect. Thanks.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, maybe I have been black balled [jk] lol! After looking at this, I read a lot online and I would say that I should expect pretty much any behavior from this particular fish. There were other forums where people complained of their wrasse [pretending to be driftwood], standing on tails, swimming upside down, leaving the tank - it seems to me that ours is not the best choice for the tank in hindsight, though I had not seen him be a problem in the past he is so unstable that he could have done more aggressive behaviors with other fish than I realized when he was into pods-only diet there for a while. So, pretty much, I am thinking that we just roll with it. Everything else in the tank is flourishing :)

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine is a super happy, and honestly normal, tank resident. He's always swimming in and out of the rock work. Comes out like all other fish for feedings. I wonder what other tank mates impact on their behavior is.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mines has always been good. Swims everywhere and wedges in between rocks when sleeps. Lots of different behavior but never standing on its tail. GL

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;317886 said:
Mine is a super happy, and honestly normal, tank resident. He's always swimming in and out of the rock work. Comes out like all other fish for feedings. I wonder what other tank mates impact on their behavior is.
That is a good point. It is so hard to know with each fish how they will ultimately get along. I have read that there are not enough studies on putting these fish in tanks to know how it impacts some of them. Yours has the behavior of ones I saw when deciding to get ours. Now, he is back to his old self and so I just don't think I will worry about this kind of stuff when it comes to this fish.

Thanks for writing :)

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;318016 said:
Mines has always been good. Swims everywhere and wedges in between rocks when sleeps. Lots of different behavior but never standing on its tail. GL
Nice. That was what we heard was that they are a pleasure to have in a tank, and he is back to "wrasse normal" now I think. Thanks.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to hear that. It's my 2 year olds favorite fish so far and we like that it's exterminated the flatworms we had a few months ago.