Southwest Plaza area

dragon007

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to the forums and to saltwater. I've been looking into saltwater for the past few months and about a month ago jumped in. I bought a 29 biocube already established with fish and a few corals to hold my wife off so i can get a 75 gallon going for coral. The 75 has been running a few weeks now with crushed coral from someones old tank getting out of the hobby and 165lbs or so of live rock that also came cured. I've been going to Aqua mart 2 to 3 times a week looking and asking lots of qustions and let me tell you those guys are great. Last sunday they finally told me to add some fish :lemo: Here are some pictures of the 75 I've takin over the past few weeks. The stand and tank don't match very well but I'm sure it's the insides that count lol. I had a old protein skimmer that I had gotten from a friend that i replaced with a ASM g2 and also have new lighting 10,000k compacts. View attachment 7385 View attachment 7386 View attachment 7387

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome man! Glad you decided to join the madness and other addicts :) You know how to find me if you need anything.

dragon007

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really like the look of soft corals, I'm still reading and learning about corals so I'm sure once the tank is ready I'll be bugging the hell out of everyone on what's good for me to start with and whats not. Now that I have new lighting I'm trying to figure out what to do for a hood/cover. This tank doesn't have a divider on top so getting the pre made glass won't work for with it. Unless I just haven't found someone who makes a 4ft across glass

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am in the SW area as well. The tank I keep is at Columbine HS, right near SW Plaza. LMK when you aim for corals as I will likely lave some things I can offer you. As far as glass tops, you will likely want to forego them and leave the top open to breathe. Things get heated pretty quick, and you will want the evap of an open top. A canopy over the top is typical, but glass tops not so much.

Welcome.

dragon007

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh wow is your tank in the library? It's been about 2 years since I've been inside the school. Is some type of a top a must? I was worried the few fish that I will have would jump out. Also with this setup I have a canopy top would even be more odd looking then it already looks lol

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, the tank is in the library. I set it up after the shooting. No, a top is not a must. As I said, mine has none at all. But that being said, you're right that some fish are notorious jumpers (shy fish and many wrasses e.g.). Have to be careful.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome man, glad you decided to join. You know where I'm at so let me know if you need anything. I'll have a few starter corals for you prob when you are ready. Nothing terribly fancy but good corals to test the waters with. I'm sure others will have a few as well.

dragon007

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet thanks, from what I've been reading I think I need the tank to run another month and a half or so? I've had fish for a week now and threw in a good size clean up crew yesterday. Nothing's died so far so that's good for me lol