Steel wheel ramps

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just bought these from harbor freight up in ft Collins, and my car can't clear the height, so I am looking to recoup some of what I paid. I paid $42 for them, looking for $30 firm, they are brand new, never used just can't get my honda to clear them

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Steel wheel ramps

Posted too soon, there are some minor scuffs on the paint, because of shipping, but that's it, not because of wear

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Matt...get a couple 2x4s or even a 4x4 and lay them sideways across the front of the ramps. Use it as a "step" up on to the ramp. Had to do that with my old Honda that was dropped 2" on a full suspension...worked like a charm. Once it's at the top of the ramp you can wedge a 2x4 long ways right between the wheel and the ramp and roll down that way.

Just a little tip if you wanna give it a try in case you can't unload them.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea...you can use a 2x4 as an extender and lay them longways to ride both up and down. I hard a hard time riding up the 2x4s without a spotter...so I used a 4x4 across the front of the ramp perpendicular as a step up onto the ramp to clear the height, then pulled it away and replaced it with a 2x4 lengthwise to get back down safely.

Extending it with 2x4s is definitely the easier route for going up and down the ramps though. Eventually I bought a new jack that sit much lower to the ground, but I know how much more convenient (and cheaper) those ramps can be.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also...FYI you can sink a pair of flathead bolts into the 2x4 and set the bolts down into the holes on the ramp to make it stable. Forgot to mention that key point, lol

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Steel wheel ramps

Haha I'll give that a shot for sure, if it doesn't work I suppose I could just get a better jack and jack stands that raise the car up higher