M.A.S.C Club Member
I need some help stocking my 75 Gallon.

Current Inhabitants:
2x Peppermint Shrimp
1x Randalls Goby
1x Pistol Shrimp
2x Clowns
Mix of 20 or so hermits and snails

The only other "requirement" at this point is a tang, but that will be added last due to temperament.

I am also interested by Coral Beauties, and dwarf angels.

How many more fish could I reasonably add to the system without putting too much stress on the system and fish?

What fan favorites do you guys have?

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The amount of fish is going to be based off of your filtration mostly, let us know more about your system.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
coral beauties can be coral nippers. 50/50 chance. Same with most dwarf angels. That said, I have a Lamarck's that is the most reef safe, and I love it. Perfect behavior, and I love the patterning on it.

If you go heavy on fish, just keep up with water changes, and do bigger ones. Also load the sump up with lots of rock.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Are you planning to make this a reef tank? If you are......I personally wouldn't dream of any angel fish. Yes there are a few that are reef-safe-ish, but..........90% of the time that means its only a matter of time until you are wanting them dead and out of your tank :D

If you are willing to accept the fact that you might have to re-home fish as the out grow your tank then your palette for tangs (8 out of 10x reef safe) is pretty wide open. Heck at one time I had a fist size sail fin tang, hippo tang, yellow tang and fox face in my 75g (2+ yrs) and they were all fine until I re-homed them all for smaller fish to reduce feeding amounts.

If you have netting over your tank or a semi sealed canopy you can get lots of awesome wrasses that lots of people in the club love.

video from my tank 08/12 as an example (mid way to complete addict lol)
[video=youtube;IIKUbk_JVBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKUbk_JVBw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;290865 said:
video from my tank 08/12 as an example (mid way to complete addict lol)
[video=youtube;IIKUbk_JVBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKUbk_JVBw[/video]
Looks like your video is private Chad. At least for me.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
WatercolorsGuy;290900 said:
Looks like your video is private Chad. At least for me.
Reef_Newbie;290962 said:
I can't access it either.
Sorry fixed now. Nothing special was just a glimpse of bigger fish in a 75 all happy :D

Reef_Newbie

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;290964 said:
Sorry fixed now. Nothing special was just a glimpse of bigger fish in a 75 all happy :D
Haha, EVERYTHING looked happy in there. Gives me something to aspire to in mine. I'm still staring at frag plugs all over.