1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Synden's build-off competition entry

Discussion in 'Competition Entries' started by SynDen, Apr 20, 2019.

1. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Had to move some rocks around. The two rocks that were in the front were causing flow issues, so cyano kept growing between them. Move those to the back and change the flow around a bit. Hopefully that will help.
    Some pics of the new corals too 1576553825062.jpeg 1576553842253.jpeg 1576553864497.jpeg 1576553899879.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app

2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Looks like moving those rocks was the right move, as the cyano is already clearing up 1576638296569.jpeg

3. SynDen

Just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan, and tank is looking kind of dirty. Going to need a major cleaning tomorrow.
    Looks like things have been growing a bit, but Cyano has made a come back while I was gone, so going to need to come up with more flow and some maybe some more CUC.
    Havent seen any sign of the high fin goby though, need to clean up the tank and see if he shows up.
    Will test and clean it all tomorrow, then post up some pics

4. SynDen

Sad to report the tank is fishless now :(
    Still havent seen any sign of the goby since I returned from vacation, so assuming he is gone. Pistol shrimp still in there, can hear his snaps occasionally and signs of him still digging, so sure he is still there, but think is all alone now.
    Possum wrasse just suddenly died this morning, no idea why. He was swimming around and eating fine yesterday, no signs of illness or anything, but this morning he was dead. :(

Ill have to test the params again later tonight if I have time, but tested this weekend and only one that was still a bit off was the PH which has been running around 7.6-7.8. Corals and everything looks pretty good, so not sure what is going on.

5. SynDen

Quick update. Cyano gone, but turf algae has picked up a bit. Thinking the fish dieing while I was on vacation likely has something to do with it.

Colors looking a bit faded too, so I started dosing a bit of acropower. Also, Did a water change and tested the tank. Overall pH(7.7), mg(1260), and alk(7.1) were all a bit low so may looking into some other dosing solutions in the near future. Will also look at getting fish in it again in a couple more weeks 1580165831076.jpeg

6. SynDen

Did a water change this weekend, and things starting to look better. Still some algae growing and since it pretty tough, so have to wait for it to grow some so I can pull it off easier.
    Not much change otherwise though, although about time to think about adding fish again.
    Ill try and get some pics up soon