How to get rid of blue clove polyps

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Has anyone tried a treatment to get rid of these little bastards. I know there is a chemical out there but cant remember what it is. Worried about my sps if I treat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's the one. Just unsure of how it will affect sps,inverts, and my clam.

This is what I ordered.

I have no experience with any of it. I've read some stuff on R2R and that's the extent of my experience. So other than the name sorry I can't be of more help.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I hit mine with a a Benzomatic torch, while wearing a respirator, in the great outdoors......I strongly advise people not to do this....like ever.....but I did it. The areas where the blue clove was were literally glowing red. Put it back in the tank and the rock literally sizzled. Fast forward 6 months and it is coming back. It didn't work! They are resilient little bastards. The Fluconozole is the stuff, but it will take out some softies like GSP and pulsing zenia. I'd probably tend to agree with Charlie @Haddonisreef , new rock. But then again if it is already present in the system it might just come back like mine did (I was meticulous when I burned it off) so Fluconozole might be the only way.

Good luck, keep us posted. Probably want to get rid of it before you link your systems together, prevent the spread to the big tank.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hit mine with a a Benzomatic torch, while wearing a respirator, in the great outdoors......I strongly advise people not to do this....like ever.....but I did it. The areas where the blue clove was were literally glowing red. Put it back in the tank and the rock literally sizzled. Fast forward 6 months and it is coming back. It didn't work! They are resilient little bastards. The Fluconozole is the stuff, but it will take out some softies like GSP and pulsing zenia. I'd probably tend to agree with Charlie @Haddonisreef , new rock. But then again if it is already present in the system it might just come back like mine did (I was meticulous when I burned it off) so Fluconozole might be the only way.

Good luck, keep us posted. Probably want to get rid of it before you link your systems together, prevent the spread to the big tank.
At least it sounded like you had fun. Ya the new rock idea wont work because my rock now is one solid mass and it's just growing to darn good.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I used it as a dip for aefw years ago (2007). Side effects with even minute amounts were the death of all Xenias, GSP, and clove type polyps. Never saw any clams or Lps that were effected in the slightest.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used it as a dip for aefw years ago (2007). Side effects with even minute amounts were the death of all Xenias, GSP, and clove type polyps. Never saw any clams or Lps that were effected in the slightest.
Do you think the product I ordered looks correct. I am treating the entire tank. Little nervous seeing how everything is looking so good.
You know I am married to a 4'9 Irish red head that might kill me if it goes bad.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
No idea, I've only ever used fluke tabs since I have about 15 boxes of them

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew, what’s the recommended dosage for your water volume? I’ll be following along.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew, what’s the recommended dosage for your water volume? I’ll be following along.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado
I still haven't decided yet if I am going to do it to be honest. From what I have read it 1-2 mg per gallon. But if I do the treatmeant I will confirm dose on here. Pretty much will wipe out snails and probably cant add them back for about 2 months.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still haven't decided yet if I am going to do it to be honest. From what I have read it 1-2 mg per gallon. But if I do the treatmeant I will confirm dose on here. Pretty much will wipe out snails and probably cant add them back for about 2 months.

Hmm. That’s a bummer.