"Unique Corals fresh uploads featuring Hurlock Goniopora, ..."

larryl

Clown Fish
I got a marketing email from Unique Corals with the subject line "Unique Corals fresh uploads featuring Hurlock Goniopora, Rainbow Frammer, Coral RX, and much more!". Made me smile that Steve and his tank up on the mountain left a mark on the hobby.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I never knew Steve. I was living in Seattle when I saw the YouTube video of his tank ReefBuilders filmed. I’m pretty sure at least 1.5k of the 150k views that video has received came from me. The one video of his tank I saw was a big inspiration for how my current tank is set up, at least on the display side. Only, my tank is a nano version compared to what his was.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

For those of you who haven’t seen this video! Worth a look. Remember this video is over a decade old. Steve Hurlock is a huge reason the reef scene is so good here. Back in the day Steve Chang helped to set up and maintain this system. They were both generous with knowledge. Chang is still around but unfortunately Hurlock passed a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Among others, Steve is one reason that my normal "system" setup is what it is. I was in KC when he was doing his thing, but even from a distance, I took a lot from him.