Utility sink in unfished basement?

Anyone know how to install a utility sink into an info she's basement? I am doing a basement sump, and would like a sink and RODI unit down there.

I actually think the builder isn't using any copper, I totally forgot about that. It's a new construction "green" home and they are using soft red and blue piping.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
That's easier then, you have to shut off the water and rent the tools from Lowes or home depot but if you go to either store and tell them what you just said they will get you all the parts you need to do the job.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Find a spot and put in a cheap dishwasher too. My favorite thing in my fish room is the "parts washer."

We had a kid put a utility sink in our garage for pretty cheap. He is a real plumber and moonlights on jobs like this up our way (assuming you are staying close). I can find his name if you want - PM me.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You mean your significant other doesn't like the skimmer cup going in with the dishes for a soapless pre-rinse cycle??

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;318996 said:
Anyone know how to install a utility sink into an info she's basement? I am doing a basement sump, and would like a sink and RODI unit down there.
I would also consider adding a separate drain pipe while you are at. A bit of future proofing so you could make water changes a little easier. For now you could leave it capped and out of the way.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pickup sharbites, simply cut the existing, and slip in the new fittings. Easy peazy

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Correct: "It’s the easiest way to join copper, CPVC or PEX pipe in any combination with no soldering, clamps, unions or glue."