Video recorder

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone have a cheap recorder for sale? Or anyone have one laying around that you are not using that I may borrow? I could even rent it. I am only looking to shoot a skill video for my daughter that has been requested by Mesa State University. It may take a while for us to get it shot, but I could rent it or soemthing if needed.

Guess I should mention I need to be able to get it to my computer as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My computer is out of commission, and I haven't used this camcorder in a while to test this out...but it should work out OK for what you need...

I have a Sony MiniDV camcorder that you can borrow. You'd most likely have to connect it to your computer via a firewire or usb cable (can't honestly remember) and capture the video with "windows movie maker" or some similar video capture software. I used to use Sony Vegas for capture and editing when I used the camcorder on a regular basis.

It won't give you the ease of a straight digital transfer, but if you find yourself with limited options let me know. I'll have to dig through my electronics stash, but I should have the firewire cable, the charger, and probably some extra MiniDV cassettes.

If you don't find a nicer/more convenient option...drop me a PM. I'm in NW Denver, pretty darn close to the Arvada border.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My computer is out of commission, and I haven't used this camcorder in a while to test this out...but it should work out OK for what you need...

I have a Sony MiniDV camcorder that you can borrow. You'd most likely have to connect it to your computer via a firewire cable and capture the video with "windows movie maker" or some similar video capture software. I used to use Sony Vegas for capture and editing when I used the camcorder on a regular basis.

It won't give you the ease of a straight digital transfer, but if you find yourself with limited options let me know. I'll have to dig through my electronics stash, but I should have the firewire cable, the charger, and probably some extra MiniDV cassettes.

If you don't find a nicer/more convenient option...drop me a PM. I'm in NW Denver, pretty darn close to the Arvada border.