1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Vote for your favorite virtual meeting option

Discussion in 'MASC Events' started by SynDen, Sep 10, 2020.

?

Can you use google meets or another (free) virtual meeting platform?

1. I have a gmail account and can use google meets

100.0%
  2. I dont have a gmail, but I could make one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't have a gmail and I don't want to make on for that

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

I have been looking into putting together a virtual MASC meeting, and I was think maybe we could do a few virtual live tank tours.
    Maybe have a couple people that what to show their tanks, take us through them and let them see or ask questions about their systems.
    We would have to use a platform that is free and open to use. Google meets is one such, but to use the free version every one that wants to join would need a gmail account of some sort.
    If we did it with google meets, who here has a gmail, or google account, or would you need to make one?
    Open to other options out there too if anyone has any suggestions

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

3. ianryd

ianryd Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

SynDen likes this.
  4. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

zoom works too. I've used zoom more than hangouts. heck if we're just chatting why not the chat bar here? :p

5. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I can do whichever works

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SynDen likes this.
  6. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Is there a time limit for google meets? I know the free version of zoom has a time limit. Maybe someone has a zoom account through work and could set it up.

7. McFish

McFish Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a Microsoft Teams account that I can host meetings through, believe it’s unlimited attendees - happy to help set it up if google limits us

scmountain and SynDen like this.
  8. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

I have a G-suite (Google) we could use if that helps add to the options

9. SynDen

That actually would work perfectly I think, that removes most of the limitations, I believe. I havent had much time to put this together yet, but Ill ping you here in the near future

scmountain likes this.