What are people doing to keep PH up

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;139355 said:
I run my Skimmer Air intake lines outside through a whole in my basement.

I saw this on Mr. Saltwater Tank TV....yahh that guy is kind of an odd fellow but he had a few pieces of good advice.

Since I'm running skimmerless I wonder how else I can get fresh Colorado Air into my tank. I have two windows right next to my tank but other than opening them I wonder what I could do to exchange air? My PH has been 7.85 - 8.0 but I want to raise it a bit. Running a fuge on reverse cycle and it helps a little but my PH isnt high enough. Haven't dosed 2 Part yet....my calcium & alk levels are good so I guess Kalk is the only answer.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Indeed! I dont really want to dose Kalk so I may just see it this PH range will hold....I mean 7.85 -8.0 isnt bad I dont think...I know 8.1 to 8.2 is ideal. If my Calcium & Alk were lower I'd dose my 2-Part....and finally get to hook up my fancy BRS pumps ;-)

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
No reason just dont have want to setup the drip system lol....laziness maybe. I will if the PH goes any lower though.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so long story short, get a milk jug, go to the hospital and get a nice nurse to give you the drip line from the IV. Step 2, mix your favorite solution(PH buffer) in milk jug. Step 3, stab drip line through bottom of milk jug and hang from wall(or set on shelf). Step 4, adjust drip line to accommodate tank needs:) No need to thank me i accept cash, check or charge!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This should help...

[attachment=60770:name]

[attachment=60772:name]
[attachment=60771:name]

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run Kalk this way too and have yet to get a clog. The nice thing is the shaft above the bubble on the drip line is about 1.25 inches long so when i mix it all the sediment falls to the bottom and stays below the input into the drip line.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i do :) ..i could probably get you one next time your around these parts

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last time my wife was in for a migraine i just asked the nurse that was helping us. I kinda threw out there what it was for and he understood and said ok.