What do you feed your corals?

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been looking at a lot of information on coral feeding and it looks like oyster eggs are the most popular. currently I just target feed my LPS frozen brine shrimp. I have been looking for something that will also fees my sps. I might also try the blender mush, but seems like it would be messy and kind of a pain. What do you feed, target feed or water column?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Target feed. Brightwell Microvore, Brightwell Zooplanktos-L, frozen brine, frozen cyclopeze, Two little fishies ZoPlan powder and Reef Chili powder. All mixed in a turkey baster and feed twice a week.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I target feed my large duncan a piece of frozen mysis on occasion...basically when any of the heads start looking a little unhappy. Other than that I just broadcast feed the tank.

I use a mix of food since I feel like diversity is important: Rod's Original Blend (1-2x per week), "Elite Reef's" blend of frozen food (daily), Reef Chili (1x a week). I used to turn the skimmer off as well as the pumps in the sump, but now I just let them run and put the mp10 on feeding mode...I usually dump the food right in front of the powerhead to get it to circulate rather than float on top and into the overflow. Seems to work for me.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The reef chili looks really good, think I might order a bottle and try it out.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I target feed my LPS, usually a mixture of elites nano blend and finely chopped squid with a bit of reef chili every now and then. I also dose Brightwell Microvore, Brightwell Zooplanktos-L and another Brightwell product (cant think of the name right now) as well as phyotplankton about once a week for the SPS, plus everything seems to get things out of the column when I feed fish as well.

The sun coral gets fed daily, a mix of meaty (mostly elites blend with some adders) food target fed with a baster, this guy is being trained to open during the day!

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I loaded my autofeeder with cyclopeeze, reef chile, and freeze dried rods food. I would also feed oyster feast when i remembered......

Sent from my C771

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just started target feeding with Coral Frenzy, everyone seems to get fired up when I get it out, including my dog.

CORAL FRENZY CONTAINS:
Oyster Larvae, Salmon Roe, Fish Protein, Rotifers, Copepods, Daphnia, Dunaliella salina, Haematococcus Pluvialis, Spirulina, & Schizochytrium. It is rich in amino acids, proteins, carotenoids, HUFA, PUFA, & Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.

The combination of these ingredients creates a notable feeding response and helps with coral growth and color as they consume the product. Coral Frenzy is a great food for sps, lps, zoanthids, softies, and other filter feeding organisms.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought that coral frenzy once. Used it once. Came home and found that my dog had opened up the door on my stand, removed the can, and devoured the contents.

Better lock it away! Lol.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I don't have any corals yet, but subscribing for knowlege, since I've never heard of Reef Chili. Right now feeding Elite Reef's own frozen (only $7 for a big flat), alternating with some I.O. Marine Blend gel, I.O. Cyclop-Eeze gel, Marine flake, and freeze-dried BloodWorms.

Here's a good RC thread comparing Rods vs. ReefChili vs. CoralFrenzy: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2063491

Mine do very well with Reef Roids, but be aware that they may fail a NCAA sanctioned urine test! :biggrin: I just can't seem to keep my shrimp (Cleaner & Fire) from licking the corals clean after a feeding! I target feed my Duncans, Button Polyps, and nems squid, clam and mussels.