What do you use?

GoobieGoo

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have an acrylic frag tank that is going nuts with the coraline algae. I've read a few different ways to remove it, but I prefer first hand knowledge. What do you all use to scrape algae without scratching the acrylic? I'm used to my razor blades on glass. :(

GoobieGoo

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Old credit card sounds like a good one. I won't have to go buy anything! Thanks guys. You all are awesomely helpful.

Unfortunately sometimes though you can't avoid scratches. You just have to be as careful as you can. I use the kent acrylic scraper for my tank and sometimes you get scratches. Clean it real good and try to keep up on the cleaning of your glass so that it doesn't build up as fast.

GoobieGoo

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used the old credit card.. worked pretty well, though the brute force part is definately true. May try some of these other suggestions just to see which one does it best. That stuff is pretty but it likes to cover every surface, lol. :(

Either way, it's not a bad problem to have I guess... I'd much rather have that algae than not! Which is hard to say about algae ;)