Who has Radion and a Kill a Watt?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wanting to know how many watts/amps that the Gen 3 pulls with all channels at 100%. Other gens would be cool too.

When I had one, it was pulling 2.25 once it got going and I have been told that I am a moron. I could be true that I am a moron, but I wanted to check first...

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
It's always good to make sure you're a moron before you go public with it. I have a watts up pro but no radion.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldnt call you a moron at all for that. 2.25 is quite a bit higher than you should see based on the manufacturer electrical specs (although it may be correct). There is 150W of load for the unit, and I would expect the power factor to be around 0.9 since it is mostly resistive load. That would mean that a perfect condition radion would pull about 1.5 amps. Under poor conditions (aging, dust and hair causgt in fan, etc). The power draw could reasonably be increased to up to 180W and operate in the 0.8 power factor range. That would pull around 2.0 A and isnt far off from what you read. Therefore, between meter inaccuracy of the killawatt and a dirty fan, what you saw could easily be legitimate.

Side note, ask whoever called you a moron how to calculate current draw on an ac circuit. If they tell you its wattage divided by voltage, tell them they just one upped you in the moron category.

Last edited by a moderator: