1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Zoa Growout Contest Official Thread

Discussion in 'Member Run Contests' started by Jadkins4, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Quintonomo

Quintonomo Copepod

Kinda forgot about this grow out. Hopefully I didn’t disqualify myself for not posting updates. I’ve got 4 adult polyps now, 9-12-2020

Attached Files:

Jadkins4 likes this.
  2. Savagereefer

Savagereefer Copepod

9EEC9A5C-4653-4E1E-8AC6-DA7CA4BC301C.jpeg 83E67182-71C1-4DE8-BEED-0B296F2015A8.jpeg Not gonna lie, totally forgot about this haha I’ve sittin at 5 adult polyps.

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

9/20/20 - 2 adults and one baby.

52AB820E-5CE1-434D-9431-2256E0E3DAF5.jpeg 8D7118FB-B63A-49D5-AE0E-5A542CCDA56F.jpeg

4. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Will it be ok of i submit my photo on the 26 or 27th. I am not home. At the moment.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jadkins4 likes this.
  5. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

9/20
    5 adults
    OIP00407.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

upload_2020-9-25_10-35-10.png

I put together a spreadsheet with everyone's submissions thus far. Summers are a busy time for a lot of us so if you missed a submission, I am not going to disqualify you. As long as you submit one monthly progress photo and a final, you will still have a shot at the crown of this growout contest.

It looks like we have a healthy competition between a few of you! Curious to see where everyone who hasn't posted a 3-month progress pic is at!

7. Louie

Louie Copepod

3p 1 baby E44D094A-1A41-477C-B9AD-F7909CE65643.jpeg

8. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

The spreadsheet showing the results thus far is a great idea that I think should be utilized in future grow outs. I think we should be careful about making adjustments to the rules in the middle of the contest though. I have nothing vested in this contest, but to maintain the integrity of future contests I think that should there be a tie as there is now the draw should go to the member that followed the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

JuanGutz and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  9. Skujio

Skujio Registered Users

Check out the slackers lol. Looks like about 5 on mine now too!

Attached Files:

10. Andrew_bram

The wife said there are 5 however they are all mad at the moment. IMG-20200925-WA0030.jpg

11. Jadkins4

I appreciate your input. I wanted to keep this fun and keep as many people involved hence why when I thought about this situation, flexing the submission requirements a bit would keep this contest alive. But I do see your point that if it’s not stated in the beginning, changing things midway can create an issue.

If I were to uphold the rules, this contest would be over as only one participant followed everything to a T. That being @TheRealChrisBrown! I will refund your entry as that is not fair to you for being the only person to follow the deadlines that where stated in the rules.

With that being said, I would still like to keep this growout contest alive with the final submission deadline for those who have submitted a picture already.

What do you guys think about that?

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  12. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I appreciate the thought, but I don't want a refund. I believe I won the last MASC zoa growout (Seductions), so I had to try to defend my title, lol!

13. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I was not suggesting to cancel the whole contest. All I was suggesting was caution when changing the rules midway through a contest as some people may get upset with that. If all participants agree to bending the rules I am all for keeping it going. And since Chris is the only one who had followed all of the rules to a T and is in favor of being flexible I think that that is great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

14. Diddle822

Diddle822 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Heres mine 3 full 2 babies 20201002_202300.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N976V using MASC mobile app

15. Jadkins4

Courtesy reminder. 10/22 is the deadline for the zoa growout contest!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  16. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Lol got one more head that I think will be full in time

17. TheRealChrisBrown

10/20/20 - I have 3 heads and a closed up baby, I’m so far behind the others that closed up baby doesn’t really need to count for much. 59E1EC9D-83D9-4146-BCF6-9C85B1B54DFC.jpeg

5CDE941D-F222-4768-A85D-64CF81377F8C.jpeg

18. Quintonomo

Quintonomo Copepod

Looks like I’ll be finishing up the contest with 4 big, mature polyps

Attached Files:

19. Andrew_bram

So we have until the 22 right is that midnight

20. scchase

What you hoping to get a new polyp or 2 on the 22nd?