Does my goby look skinny?

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive had this yellow watchman goby in my DT for about 2 months. Was in QT untreated for a month before that. I pulled my leapord wrasse yesterday because she wasnt looking good (skinny, lethargic) and I noticed goby looked thin too. I hardly see him so i dont have a good point of reference. I have him in the DT in an acclimation box for monitoring. Poop looks normal. So what do you think? Does he look skinny to you? View attachment 15630 View attachment 15631

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think he looks skinny, just my opinion though. Will he eat pellets? A lot of people say the pellets are kind of like high calorie food for fish, maybe that would add some bulk quickly? If he's in qt you ought to be able to see how well he's eating, regardless of what he's eating.

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Honestly, Ive never even seen him eat, even when he was in qt. He is pretty cryptic in the dt. I just tried pellets in the acclimation box and he didnt really go for them-seems more interested in the food outside the box....

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have 2 watchman gobies, and they are pretty skittish. I've had my pair for 8 years. I feel like I can go weeks without seeing them eat, and then suddenly I'll see them out every feeding catching anything that floats by their den. But most of the time they just co-exist in their little house, Fred and Ethel. They had a clutch of eggs once, I could see it on their rock...and one of them turned an (ugly) grey color and hasn't ever changed back.