anemones for a small tank

Laramie

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I have a 40 and would like an anemone for my ocellaris clowns to host in. I like the looks of bubbles but I'm not sure how to tell which ones get large and which ones stay small. Really I just want an anemone that will fit well, look pretty, and be a good host. Any advice.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any bubble tip anemone would work, just have to be careful if u have other corals in the tank cause when they move around they will sting corals.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
As stated above a bubble tip is likely your best bet. Just be aware that these can get up to 12" when fully grown, so plan your other corals around that.

Nems can be difficult to keep even for people with great sps colonies. How old is your tank? Lighting type and wattage? Experience with other corals?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't know that there are any real differences between btas regarding how large they get. I have an rbta that's easily 12" across and refuses to split....I have a couple rainbows that split as well...one was about 10" when bit split, the other was maybe 4".

Aside from lighting, just make sure that your powerheads, overflow, and returns are protected to keep the nem out. In a small system, it won't take very long for a wandering nem to find its way into a powerhead.