can anyone drill glass?

Can anyone drill some glass for me or know where I can get it done? I may have found a deal on a 225g but its not drilled. I'm in Parker and would need you to come here. I can pay you for the help. Also not sure on what size hole I would even need for that size tank.

Lmk

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I called elite and they told me 10 a hole. Which is more then I wanted to pay so I borrowed a bit and drilled 3 holes. Its super easy just go slow. Id help but Parker is a little far. I drilled a 20l and a 40b so it was pretty thin glass. Your 225 is going to be a little easier as it wont crack as easy.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got it done in FOCO for $10 a hole as well, I think that's pretty normal. I've heard it's fairly easy to do it yourself, and I'm sure there are people here that could help you with it.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
its easy enough to do but i don't see why anyone wouldn't have a shop do it in case something does happen they are responsible for replacing the tank. That seem worth $20-30 to me. Do these places make you sign a waver or something?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kalgra;162113 said:
its easy enough to do but i don't see why anyone wouldn't have a shop do it in case something does happen they are responsible for replacing the tank. That seem worth $20-30 to me. Do these places make you sign a waver or something?
Mine was at a glass place, not an LFS and no they didn't make me sign a waiver. For $10 a hole, and the security of me NOT doing it haha, I thought it was worth it.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could be wrong but I don't think anyone that drills tanks will guarantee they will not break your tank. Especially if they are
only charging $10 per hole.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im no attorney but im pretty sure they are liable unless they get a statement saying otherwise. that's why I aked about the waver. getting them to actually replace it liable or not is another story I suppose. :)

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kalgra;162163 said:
Im no attorney but im pretty sure they are liable unless they get a statement saying otherwise. that's why I aked about the waver. getting them to actually replace it liable or not is another story I suppose. :)
+1 agreed