1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

JuanGutz build-off competition entry

Discussion in 'Competition Entries' started by JuanGutz, May 3, 2019.

1. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Did a 1 gallon change today.

2. JuanGutz

So just flooded the tank with ro.....
    Salinity got down to 1.015. Immediately transferred the shrimp to a different tank and starting draining the water. Had some fresh saltwater for a water change so got that done. Corals aren’t to closed up and the clownfish seems fine. Last I checked I hve salinity back up to 1.020 and slowly working to 1.025/6. Started the ro to top off and wife said she wanted chipotle so off I went. No more topping off with direct ro. From now it’ll be by hand.

3. JuanGutz

4. JuanGutz

Shrimp is making small movements here and there :/ feed the guy by hand everyday and he may be a shrimp but I really liked him and hope he pulls thru.

SynDen likes this.
  5. JuanGutz

Tank is now back to 1.026. Headed to sleep and will report what I find in the morning.

6. JuanGutz

As of this morning clownfish and all coral are fine. Didn’t look for the shrimp in his new home but he was moving around last night.

SynDen likes this.
  7. JuanGutz

As of this morning clownfish and all coral are fine. Didn’t look for the shrimp in his new home but he was moving around last night.

8. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Glad everything is back ok.
    #ThoughtsAndPrayers

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

JuanGutz likes this.
  9. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Wow! Glad you caught that! What kind of float valve were you using??

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

JuanGutz likes this.
  10. JuanGutz

Happy to say everything survived!!

jda123 likes this.
  11. JuanGutz

Cord fell on your standard 1/4 float. I say fell but it was like held down so yeah I learned my lesson.

12. JuanGutz

13C26543-8183-46FA-A21B-6FB07B72DE51.jpeg A4F6D062-779F-4B6C-9199-A4F70736DA54.jpeg B897AE7D-D9A7-4DA5-85DE-92D42AA525BC.jpeg So life has been hectic. 13 days away from little peanut being here... or at least the wife being induced. See how stubborn he his.

I’ve mainly just been letting the tank coast. Only done a few water changes not near as many as I should be doing but getting back on top. I lost the short polyp torch and birdsnest. Zoas and one tiny trumpet head are doing fine though. Worst thing that’s happened is the garage was heating up cussing both tanks to overheat so I opened the garage door a little and a window on the opposite side. Came downstairs to a car in the garage and the clownfish morning where to be found... Theres a reason I don’t like them and another one added to it. I hand fed that fish everyday, not sure how the cat managed it but never found a body so I’m assuming it ate it. Fuge is doing well and with the more frequent water changes I’m hoping for things to really start growing.

Attached Files:

SynDen likes this.
  13. JuanGutz

Updated the first post with some corals that were added! I’m going to be doing some large cleaning, add another fish and some coral to get this tank really shining.

14. JuanGutz

71EA4CD7-2C14-4887-A4E2-E7F48B8E746A.jpeg Still working on the tank. Got a frag from mike of utter chaos. Was a single polyp but by the time I picked it up it’s got multiple heads and as you can see got a new clownfish. Need to update totals.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019