Kessil 350w questions.

Hello im new to the hobby and have a question about the kessel lights. I purchased 2 of the 350w for my 120 gallon tank. 48x24x24 I have had the tank up and running for about 4 months and was wondering how people set up the two dimming dials. I started with a little of bolth and now have them full blast. Is there any perks to running the blues or just the white light. I have had good coral growth form zoanthids some montepora and the sps seems to be growing but at a supper slow rate. You can check out my tank on youtube holla916 any tips on the lights would help me out or maybe my set up is just fine...

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the a350w on my tank. Good growth, no complaints.

I run just past 50% on a blue white combo, from 7am -4 pm, then when I get home usually start increasing the blue upto 100%, then as it gets into the evening, drop the white down to 0. As I'm going to bed, I drop the blue back down.

Without a PAR meter, I have nothing definitive to go by, so I try to use a variety. It also helps with the blue into the evening, as I think it makes it super pleasing to the eye. :)

I don't typically use 100% white, however, the few times I did, some zoas did seem to respond well, I was just worried about too much light...

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
we used to run the 350w on a 24x24x12 tank with both blue and white at 100%. never had coral bleaching and everything grew well... great color too.