Need some information

drod303

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have had a Fluval 13.5 running for over a year and am upgrading to a Biocube 32. Do I need to do a complete cycle on the new tank before moving my rocks, coral, fish etc from my current tank. Thank you in advance!

flyfish

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you planning on having sand? If you are then that is one thing that I would buy new.Other than that I would just make up the additional water you will need and match all parameters as close as you can to your other tank and then transfer everything to the new tank. Be careful to inspect you rock when placing it in the new spot so you don’t crush anything

flyfish

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will probably wind up with a mini cycle but hopefully not to bad.If you can dim your light for a few days that would help as well IMHO

drod303

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will probably wind up with a mini cycle but hopefully not to bad.If you can dim your light for a few days that would help as well IMHO
Thank you debating on keeping the stock light or removing the top and using my ai prime. Not sure how good the stock light is. Thank you for the advise!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will need at least a couple weeks on a transfer if using new rocks and sand. I would put the new rocks and sand in the biocube and let that cure for a couple days, then add one rock from your fluval and a cup of sand and let it cycle for between 2-4 weeks. Then move over the livestock and the rest of the rocks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Thank you debating on keeping the stock light or removing the top and using my ai prime. Not sure how good the stock light is. Thank you for the advise!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app
I just moved my 58g 3 weeks ago...
Yep, you will have a mini cycle. @zombie is right, if time/space allows. If not have plenty of premixed water on hand to combat any spikes with a water change.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR LIGHTING with the move! First time I moved my tank I upgraded my lights, this is how an algae war begins!
but just like all parts of this hobby patience, change one thing at a time, get the tank stable, then make another change.
Good luck